As usual, we'll have a Halloween costume contest the week immediately before Halloween, on Tuesday, October 27th
and Thursday, October 29th
. Players and/or teams are encouraged to wear costumes one or both nights. There will be a costume contest and prizes for at least 1st place, maybe 2nd place too. We'll probably set the contest for 7:45pm and ask players to arrive at 7:30pm so we can start games on-time.
Because it's a crossover week, players/teams can only win the costume contest ONCE. But players/teams are encouraged to dress up both nights. 12 teams will be present each night--should be 50% more fun than usual! :-D
Finals Food Drive
From Ted: This has been an idea of mine for a couple years I want to bring to fruition, as a way for the VOTS Ultimate community to give back. We're going to do a food drive for the upcoming holiday season at Finals on Saturday, November 7th
Here's how it'll work:
- Ted hereby challenges the 16 teams to see which team can collectively donate the most canned/boxed food and toiletries, measured by weight.
- Food drive will start between 1pm and 1:30pm in the parking lot--there will be a U-Haul present to collect donations. (Games start 2pm or just thereafter.)
- Players can individually approach the U-Haul with a bag or box of food before they head to the fields and warm up. They'll have their donation weighed as they deposit it, and that weight will be tallied to their team.
- Whichever team collectively donates the greatest quantity food (measured by weight) will get a private cooler of beverages to have for the day at about 3pm as a prize.
- Keep in Mind: canned food is good, but 15lb bags of rice score a lot of points and feed a family for several weeks. ;-) Just sayin'!
- Monday the U-Haul will be driven to St. Mary's Food Bank.