What is Ultimate Frisbee?
Ultimate Frisbee is a high energy, non-contact team sport. It combines elements of many different sports including soccer, basketball, and football. Ultimate is played on a rectangular shaped field with end zones shaped like football end zones. Each team consists of seven players. The disc is passed from teammate to teammate (there is no running/walking with the disc) until somebody catches the disc in the end zone for a score.
When & Where are games held? How is this league structured?
To try to accommodate summer schedules and allow players a venue to play while avoiding past attendance issues, summer league will be run as a hat league so that you can play league on the nights that you are available.
- Hat league, new teams formed each night.
- Tuesdays 8 pm at Benedict - one game per night.
June 6-June 13 and Aug 8-Aug 29 (Update 6/5/17: May and June games canceled.)
- Subject to registration numbers we will try to have a rotation of different game styles on different nights (coed, mens/womens, and A/B)
Who can play?
This is primarily an adult league, open to people ages 18 and up.
As per League Policy:
- Ages 18 and over are allowed to participate in VOTS-sponsored leagues.
- Ages 16-17 must have signed parental consent to participate in VOTS-sponsored leagues and must turn 16 by the last day of league finals.
- Ages 15 and below are not allowed to participate in VOTS-sponsored league.
Do I need to have a team to sign up?
Nope! All players sign up as individuals and are placed on teams in a manner which evens out the number of beginner, intermediate, and advanced players per team.
What do I need to play?
You will need to bring:
- Non-metal cleats (or tennis shoes if you don't have cleats)
- A team color shirt (teams have a color and you wear your own shirt of that color)
- Water (you'll get thirsty)
How do I sign up for league and how much does it cost?
Sign up using the form linked below:
There are still two options. Please, register first.
HALF League: $12
Half League = 4 nights
There will be single night options as well after this initial registration closes. If you know you are available for 3 or less dates, please fill out the registration with the marked dates, but do not pay anything at this time.
As per General League Policies:
- VOTS discourages dogs at VOTS-sponsored leagues. If participants do bring dogs to VOTS-sponsored leagues, the owner must be aware of and abide by all applicable local leash laws.
- Alcohol IS permitted on the field in cups and cans. No glass is allowed.
- Any underage participant in violation of the Arizona alcohol consumption laws or any adult participant who furnishes alcohol to or purchases alcohol for an underage participant is subject to immediate suspension for a time at the determination/discretion of the board.
- Under NO circumstances should anybody drive onto the fields.
For more information email the League Director, Tim Streit.