New Year Ultimate Fest XXXII
The 32nd annual New Year Fest took place January 25-26, 2014 in Phoenix, AZ at Phoenix Reach 11 Sports
Congratulations to Lady Liquor (Women's A) and Mamabird (Open A), NYF XXXII Champions!
From Jim's wrap-up: "The Open A final came down to University of Colorado Mamabird against The Recruits, an MLU recruiting/tryout team from Philadelphia. It was a very hard fought game with both teams leading, but in the end Mamabird came out with the win! The Women's A final pitted Lady Liquor against Hella Bella. These two teams are consistently among the top teams in the Women's division, both being crowned the winner in the past two NYF tournaments. Lady Liquor was victorious in a hard fought game that capped off a terrific tournament."
Local teams were also well represented. "In the Open B pool the local Masters team, Crawl, won finals over Pineapple Express, another local team. In Women's Pool B, The Minions played a spirited game against Maul for the B bracket championship."
Special thanks goes out to all the volunteers that make a 46 team tournament run fairly smoothly!
- Most teams play 4 games on Saturday, games to 13. White pool plays 5 games, games to 11. See the pool schedules for crossover.
- Win by 2 except at the point cap, new point cap set by soft cap or the hard cap.
- Sunday games to 13 (cap at 15) except Women's A Finals and Open A Finals are first to 15.
- 20-yard brick on out-of-bound pulls.
- One timeout per half, plus a floater (3 per game).
- Up to two substitutions per team, per timeout.
- Mirror at half, no halftime. Except: Finals will have mirror halftime.
- The soft cap horn will sound at 75 minutes. Teams with timeouts available can use no more than 1 during soft cap. At the completion of the point in progress when the soft cap horn sounds, add two points to the highest current score, and that is the new point cap for
the game unless the original point cap was lower. (A point is considered to be in progress as soon as the preceding point has ended.) Win-by-two is not required at the point cap, but any team that reaches the original winning score or more by a margin of two or more will be the winner of the game.
- Games will be hard-capped 20 minutes after the soft cap. At the completion of the point in progress when the hard-cap horn sounds, the team
in the lead is the winner. If the game is tied after the completion of that point, one more point is played to determine the winner.
No timeouts (except injury timeouts) may be called once the hard-cap horn has sounded.
- Games will be hard-capped 20 minutes after the soft cap. At the completion of the point in progress when the hard-cap horn sounds, the team in the lead is the winner. If the game is tied after the completion of that point, one more point is played to determine the winner. No timeouts (except injury timeouts) may be called once the hard-cap horn has sounded.
- Seeding for crossovers will be based on won/lost record during pool play. Tiebreakers will be applied in the following order: point differential in games between tied teams; total point differential; disc flip.
- Teams not playing Sunday are replaced by next pool team or crossover opponent by the TD
New Year Fest merchandise will again be provided by Five Ultimate.
Cash, checks and Visa, Mastercard, and Discover accepted!
New Year Ultimate Fest 32 will be held at one site, the Phoenix Reach 11 Sports
- NO ALCOHOL allowed at the fields.
- NO DOGS. Unless it is one of the service type.
New Year Fest Fields are located on Reach 11 Fields 1-10. Follow the signs to fields 1-10!
These are rated as some of the best fields in the United States and are used to host National level tournaments for Rugby, Soccer, Lacrosse, and even Ultimate! We held the tournament there 2 years ago and everyone was impressed. This year we have even more fields allowing for more teams! More players, more layouts, more fun, and a bigger party!!!
Speaking of the party...
Party & Hotel Information
The party will once again be held at the Comfort Inn Phoenix North on Saturday evening! Since the tournament was canceled due to weather last year, the party was the place to be! This year it is going to be even bigger!! The Comfort Inn has also worked out some deals for teams so they can stay where the party is at, as well as a 5 minute drive to the fields.
Address: 2641 W. Union Hills Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85027
Phone Number: 602.978.2222
Rates for Ultimate players reserving rooms:
- $60.00/night, King
- $65.00/night, Double/Double
- $70.00/night, Queen/Queen
- $75.00/night, King/King Comfort Inn
The two nearest emergency rooms are:
01/16/14 - We are closed to new bids.
Entry fee is $350
- Payment will only be accepted online via PayPal by "sending money to family or friends" to firstname.lastname@example.org and using a PayPal balance or checking account so that no fees are deducted.
Refund policy for canceled bids (subject to change):
- Before 1/1/14: Full refund
- Between 1/1/14 and 1/12/14: $200 refund
- After 1/12/14: no refund
Subject to change.